Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ahh...the memories

Being in Idaho brings back so many good memories. Aaron and I spent a lot of our "growing up" years here. We met each other, fell in love, got engaged, married and started our family here. It's a great place to visit and remember. Staying and spending time with Grandma Mary was so nice.

The falls with Great Grandma H.
(my favorite temple is in the background)
Right where we are standing in the picture below, almost 12 years to the day, Aaron asked me to marry him. I'm so glad he did and that I said YES!
I got to visit with some friends from my high school days. I had such a great group of friends in high school. During that time I didn't have just 1 best friend I had 5. Here I am with two of them. It was so fun to get to chat with them and meet their adorable kids.
Our Kids totally hit it off and had a great time climbing trees, racing and playing together.
The Zoo
I think we visit this zoo every time we visit ID. I love this zoo because it is big enough to have a good variety of animals, but small enough that you can see the whole thing and not have blisters on your feet by the end.

Us being Flamingos. These used to be Ashlie's favorite animal when she was one or two. She called them Flying Mingos at that time.
Alia and Madelyn remember this Lion drinking fountain from our ID resident days. And no it's not lion spit you drink...just good clean water.
This was all we got to see of a tiger at the zoo. The fake one. Which is really too bad because I remember the time when Alia was little we visited the zoo and the REAL tiger growled for her. Now that was cool.
And who could forget Reed's Dairy...We made a stop for ice cream and I got to savor this lovely Peach Cobbler ice cream cone. The delectable taste will forever be in my memory now.
mmmmmm....
And a new memory was made - riding the Rexburg carousel. My girls loved it and Matt thought it was fun too.
Matt enjoying his first ride.

4 comments:

Gaylene and Emil said...

Oh, those pictures are so cute! We have so many fond memories of Idaho Falls, too! Thanks for letting us see the familiar places through the lens of your camera. That was fun to see April and Rochelle and their children also.

Mom

Melissa said...

Man! So bummed I missed seeing you guys in IF! Looks like you had fun. We love IF so much we tend to visit monthly.

Ahren said...

Melissa - I wish I would have coordinated with you! That would have been so fun to see you!

Chrystina said...

What a fun trip! That carousel has to be the longest trip on a carousel we have ever had.. didn't it feel like 10 minutes? lol...