Sunday, September 11, 2011

Summer's end

We ended our Summer last week with a quick camping trip to Ensign Ranch. We met up with some friends and stayed overnight. Ensign Ranch is a beautiful property owned by our church. The activities to do there are numerous and lots and lots of fun.

Cooling off in the crystal clear water of the river.

Matt loved sorting through all the rocks.
After the river, we went canoeing in the lake. My friend and I tried paddling a canoe together. Even with all of our husband's tips and coaching we ended up going in circles or turning into the branches and plants on the side of the lake. It was pretty funny.
She and her family went canoeing the next day and afterwards she sent me the message "I found out paddling with one person is a lot easier than with two."

We all enjoyed ourselves though.
The big activity my girls were soooo excited about was the horse rides they have at Ensign Ranch. Alia and Madelyn went on a trail ride in the morning Then all the girls went on "led" horse rides in the field. I got to lead a horse for the first time. It was kind of stubborn and wanted to go it's own way sometimes, but we made it around the arena pretty well. I got better the second time around. I am always impressed with people who own and train these big animals. (like my little sister and her hubby)

Good horsey.

And that's all folks...til next time at the ranch.

2 comments:

Tasha L. said...

How fun! Was this a ward campout, or can you just camp there whenever you want? It looks like a super family activity. We miss you!
Tasha

Gaylene and Emil said...

How fun! What a beautiful place to make some fun family memories!