I love this quote by Dieter F. Uctdorf:
"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before."
No more is this true for me than in the fall and winter. When the weather turns cold in the fall and the daylight is shorter, I find myself thinking about and getting involved in creative projects. These projects energize me and give me a sense of satisfaction when complete. This year I began a BIG project for my mom. For her Christmas present I wanted to make her a quilt for her bed. After looking for ideas online I came across a type of quiltmaking called Cathedral Window. I fell in love with the design and knew immediately that i had to try making one of these quilts. I learned a lot in the process of making this quilt and after over 150 hours it was complete.
I was happy to have my girls help me with the project by clipping threads, pinning squares together for me and laying out most of the colored squares.

I really like how it turned out.

4 comments:
That is amazing! Good job all you Teerlink women :)
Ahren,
Thank you so much for the beautiful, work of art, quilt--it will truly be a family heirloom! Also, I love your new family picture on your blog!
I'm so impressed. It is beautiful. Love the family picture too. Miss you. We should plan a get together again.
This is just amazing! I'm so impressed.
Post a Comment