Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ashlie

In 2012 Ashlie finally lost her first teeth.
After doing a lapbook on mushrooms for school, she discovered she loves eating mushrooms. She likes them raw or sauteed. 
Ashlie has a love for learning, especially about plants and animals. She will get guidebooks from the library and study them over and over. She can recognize tons of different birds and can identify a variety of plants.
In the fall I had found a leaf like this one. I didn't know what it was so I started googling different tree names that I could think of to see if I could find out what kind of tree it came from. After searching for awhile Ashlie says matter of factly "mom, try Maidenhair tree". Sure enough, it was from the maidenhair or ginkgo tree.
At the park one day she identified a weed called Pineapple weed. We discovered how it got its name. When you break open the blossom part of the weed it smells like pineapple.

Ashlie loves, loves, LOVES stuffed animals. She would buy a new stuffed animal at the store every time we went shopping if I let her. She also loves snuggling in blankets and often will set up a spot in the house with her blankets and stuffed animals. Many times she includes Matthew when she does this.

I love you Ashlie! You are such a fun person to be around. I love your sense of humor and your energy for playing. I admire your focus on accomplishing a task. You are good at putting together puzzles - large ones that require persistence, drawing very detailed pictures and learning new skills. I love to see how you have a great desire to learn new things. You decided that during your scripture study each day you would read from the English Book of Mormon and then read the same verses in the Spanish Book of Mormon. You have been doing this for about a month now.

You have a caring personality and a sweet disposition. You bring sunshine to our home. I'm so glad you are a part of our family.

1 comment:

Gaylene and Emil said...

Oh Ashlie, you are so SMART!! We can't wait to come and see you--can we take some of your sunshiney personality back home with us? We love you tons!