Oh how I love this two year old...
 |
| October 2012 Birthday |
 |
| For the past month and a half he has stayed in nursery on his own and loves it. He learns a lot of songs there. One day in the car with Aaron he was singing the chorus of Give Said the Little Stream "Singing, singing all the day", then he would say "love that song". He learned actions to Nephi's Courage and would do those when he was on his bed for naptime. |
|
|
 |

He is always, ALWAYS on the go. Which is why I have this...

And...
in my living room.
The other day he jumped off a bucket in our kitchen and just missed bonking into the cupboard. After he steadied himself he looked up at Aaron and I and said with a surprised tone in his voice "whoa, I just flew".
He is my helper all the time. He helps peel oranges, scoop and pour ingredients for baking, get cans out of the pantry, push laundry into the dryer, vacuum, etc. He is a big helper at the grocery store too - he loves to push the cart with me and unload the groceries from the cart onto the conveyor belt.
He has picked up a lot of phrases from his sisters. He will regularly say things like "what in tarnations?" "holey moley guacamole" and lately his favorite phrase is "Matthew do it by self". This attitude comes in handy when I want him to do something like clean up or help out, all I have to say is "can you do it by yourself or do you need help?", he usually wants to prove his ability to do it "by self" and will do it.

He was recently potty trained and has done quite well. He did have a melt down the day he couldn't wear his dinosaur unders because they were in the laundry - apparently those are his favorites.
He loves to drink rice milk and loves the fact that he can open the fridge and get it out by himself.
Matthew I love you! I love your determination to do hard things even when you are young. I love to hear you laugh, to see your big blue eyes, to see your excitement over little things like finding a rock or worm outside. You are a joyful bundle of energy and I'm so glad you are part of our family! | |
|
2 comments:
Oh Matthew, we just love you too! You are too cute and fun for words!
They certainly grow too fast that is for sure! but its so fun to see their personalities come out. He sounds like he is all boy!
Post a Comment