Monday, January 26, 2009

Great Day

Today was a beautiful sunny day filled with bike rides, a trip to the park, reading books, fun science experiments and getting ALL the jobs done on the responsibility chart.

For science we talked about density (the physics definition) and stratification in the ocean. We found that we could float a hard boiled egg in between a layer of salt water and a layer of fresh water.

Here's the fun pics...The floating egg up close...

4 comments:

Tasha L. said...

Looks like fun. Jace has been doing water experiments with the little ones this week, I'll have to tell him about this.

Tyson and Rachelle said...

Ahh! I am so jeolous for your blue sky! Thanks for all your advice. I am sure you have tons of great ideas, especially since you home school your kids! I hope I can keep Landon busy and stimulated!

breymom said...

Oh good, another experiment to try we'll do it tomorrow!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you posted this. We went to the beach the other day and Ezra wanted to know why wood would float in the ocean. So I told him about the salt and all that and mentioned that we could do a test with the egg. Thanks for helping me seem briliant for a moment!