Tuesday, July 21, 2009

California Trip

I'm finally (thanks to our not so nice computer issues) blogging about our California trip that we took at the first of this month.
There were a lot of different aspects to this trip. Here are the events of the first part of the trip.

Our first destination was the redwood forest in Humboldt County, CA.

We camped one night in the forest. It was amazing to see these giant trees. I felt so small driving among them. "Whoa, look at that one!" "Amazing!" "That is huge!" were common phrases from each of us.

Here we are by one of the redwoods. (Don't you love how Ashlie and I are totally posing!)

You can get some sense of their size from this picture. Yes, that is us at the bottom, the tiny specks.
I'm so glad we took the time (and the extra driving distance) to see these magnificent trees.

Our next stop was my aunt Debra and Uncle Mike's home. About a week before our trip I told my mom where we were camping and she said "I think that is near Debbie's house". After talking with Debra on the phone I found out that we were going to be camping only 15 miles from her home. What luck! So Debra invited us to have a BBQ at her home. It was so nice to visit with them. The girls especially loved playing with the dog and the cat. Aunt Debbie was nice enough to take the girls all around the property in search of the other two cats that roam the property.


Debra and Mike have a fantastic little house in the woods. I would describe it as a really nice vacation retreat - lucky for them they get to live there all the time =) They do have the responsibility of the remodeling and upkeep so it's not exactly a vacation for them, but we sure enjoyed being there.
This is a view of some of their lovely property.
I had to post this nice shot Aaron took of one of the trees on the property. Nice lens flare!
That's the first part of the trip...stay tuned for more to come soon in the next posts.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! I have always wanted to go to the redwood forest. What a neat experience. You and Ashlie should be models!

Tasha L. said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I'm glad you got to visit Debbie & her family. Her property is beautiful!
Tasha