Summer is beginning to come to a close. We will be starting school again soon and I'm getting excited. I really enjoyed all the fun summer activities and vacations. Now I'm looking forward to having a schedule again and routine to our days.
Here's a post to catch up on some of the fun activities we've done this summer that haven't been blogged about yet.
ACTIVITIES
Discovering gems in a room full of polished rocks at Earth's Minerals (used to be the Scratch Patch).
Discovering gems in a room full of polished rocks at Earth's Minerals (used to be the Scratch Patch).
Visiting our park's little hands-on farm.
This was Ashlie's first class and she had a lot of fun. She would smile and giggle the whole time it was her turn to practice swimming.
Alia and Madelyn are becoming good swimmers. They had an awesome teacher this year that was a lot of fun.Playing with cousins...
Most of my side of the family waiting to eat at the Olive Garden.
Weddings
Weddings have been a central theme to a lot of our summer. I spent hours buying, planning, arranging and coloring (with sharpie markers) my sister's wedding flowers. The sharpie markers were used since her color was not your average turquoise and hard to find (I believe the actual name for it is Chinese Aqua). I guess I'm a little over-ambitious or just crazy, but hey, this was for my little sister and I wanted her flowers to be the right color.
Alia modeling Lisa's bouquet (every one of those blue flowers was colored by hand by me).
Centerpiece mock-up. I was lucky enough to find these flowers in the right color on sale at Michael's. I think my girls and I spent half our summer in Michael's.
One more marriage celebration was at Jared and Whitney's open house.
And that is a good summary of our summer.
1 comment:
Daniel was so excited to see pictures of his cousins...including his debut on your blog. It was so fun to see you guys. We'll have to ccome up with another excuse to get together now that all the weddings are done with. The flowers looked so good by-the-way
Post a Comment