Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Saturday's happenings

Last Saturday while I was at a Relief Society meeting, the girls went and had some adventures with Dad. First they went to Lowe's to build their own planter boxes. Ashlie told me lately that she is interested in "studying roots", so I was excited to see that these "see it grow" planter boxes were being offered for the classes.
After Lowe's they got to go have a picnic and then watch some mini hydro boat races at a nearby lake. The weather was drizzling in the morning and I was saying that I hoped it would clear up in time for their picnic and boat races. Aaron said "we'll just bring umbrellas and watch in the rain. We're Washingtonians, we're not afraid of rain." So that's what they did. The picnic ended up being a car picnic, but they braved the rain and watched the boat races.


After we got home the rain had stopped and the sun came out. Alia decided to build a habitat for the plastic animals in our backyard. She weaved the roof out of stiff pond grass and then built the roof on top. Here is her creation...
Here's the up close view
The other girls got into the building habitats of their own.
Madelyn built a basic grass "pig hut"
Ashlie decided on the condominium style housing for her animals.
The girls finished off the day dancing in the warm spring rainshower.

No comments: